Instagram, in today’s times has become a powerful medium for e-commerce and that is the direction Facebook seems to be taking with the Tag Products feature. Setting up Instagram shops can help people search and learn more about your products.
For instance, information like the name of the product and the price of the item can be browsed without leaving the app. Thereby, helping people turning inspiration into action and have knowledge about products.
A post or a video with Tagged Products will have the price of the product, description of the product and a link. This link will take them to a new section where a purchase of the product can be made.
Apart from tagging products in posts and videos, the platform is also introducing some new features to help make shopping on Instagram easier and fun!
So, What are Instagram Shops?
Instagram shops are a new way where people can visit your shop. When people visit your shop, it helps Instagram users to find your products through Instagram Explore. Further, they can proceed to purchase them the shops. Shops enables you to create a captivating shopping experience on Instagram. Customers can access your shop directly from your profile, posts or story. Your products, collections, and your shop will be shown to users who are more likely to interact with it.
A recommendation if you have a Small Business
Instagram Advertising isn’t always the right option, especially if you have a smaller business with limited time and budget to put into your marketing effort.
Instagram Shops make it super easy to get started with social media marketing.
The Guide to Setting up Instagram Shops
This guide will provide step-by-step instructions to help you create your store and manage your product catalog so you can increase the visibility of your brand or product.
1. Switch to a business account
First and foremost, convert your personal Instagram to a business or creator account. It’s a very simple process.
- Firstly, go to your profile and business’s Instagram profile and click the lines in the upper-right corner
- Go to Settings
- Then, go to Account
- Click on the “Switch to a business account”
- Tap on Business
- Now, explain your business by adding some valuable information.
- Click on Done
- You will receive a notification informing that your request is accepted.
2. Link your Instagram to your Facebook page
Secondly, link your Instagram account to your Facebook page.
- Log in to Instagram and go to your profile.
- Click on Edit Profile
- Under Public Business/Profile Information, select Page.
- Choose the Facebook Page you wish to connect to.
- Now, if you don’t have a Facebook Page, select “Create a Facebook Page”.
3. Create a shop
By following below listed steps, you can easily set up an Instagram shop.
1. Use commerce manager, go to the following page: https://www.facebook.com/commerce manager/get_started/
2. Select “Create a shop”
3. Fill in the requested information
4. Choose the Instagram shop you want to be associated with your shop .
5. Finish Setting up your job- You’ll receive a notification approving that your shop was created.
4. Create product catalog
You can create a product catalog with the help of 2 methods:
- Import a catalog
You can integrate a catalog from e-commerce platform partners like Shopify, Big Commerce, Commerce Hub.
- Create your product catalog
- Go back to this page: https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager/get_started/
- Select “Create a catalog”
- Choose the type of catalog.
- Configure your settings
- Access to Catalog Manager
- Submit your account for review
Additionally, do read: How to make Instagram Reels, Make money on Instagram
5. Enable Shopping
Activate shopping features after getting your Instagram shop approved.
Follow the steps:
- Go to your Business Profile.
- Select the option for Settings
- Click on Business and then tap on “Shopping”.
- Choose “product catalog” you wish to link to your account.
- Select “Done”.
- Highlight your products – present your products as they’re shown on your website and maintain the same visual treatment across all the images.
You’re almost done, now tag the products
Now that you have set up your shop, you can highlight your products in photo and video posts. Follow these easy steps to do that:
- Click “Add photo”
- Insert a caption
- Tap “Tag Products” by clicking on the image.
- Select “Done”
- Click “Share”
As everything is becoming digitised, Instagram shops are a great way of turning your business into generating revenue. Here, we have provided the entire information about setting up Instagram shops and raise your sales. And and and…it’s absolutely free to use!! So start now !
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.